WHO AM I?
Hi, I’m Kalani Scarrott and I’m born and raised in Australia. I’m currently finishing up my masters at University and am just starting my Bachelors of Science majoring in Computer Science. My general aim for my day to day life is to make Lil Improvements, consistently, day after day. Also, I’m 23 if that matters at all.
WHAT IS THIS BLOG?
This blog is me documenting my attempts to make little improvements, general musings on topics and other miscellaneous learning adventures.
I want this blog to document what I find interesting and learn from. Selfishly I want to also improve my writing skills in the process. And hopefully, find an interesting job in the process.
I also want to create beneficial and interesting content to readers. Whether that’ll be detailed deep dives into topics, or even writing on more education type content. Overall I want you to read something here and be able to go away with something useful or implementable in your own lives, or at the very least give you something to deeply think about.
WHY SHOULD YOU READ MY STUFF?
Because I’m funny, interesting and thoughtful? But seriously, I’m hoping that by diving and delving into topics, I’ll able to show and create some high quality information & tips. Hopefuthat will not only be interesting to read, but applicable to your own life too.
WHAT ARE MY INTERESTS?
Just some of my interest and topics I like learning about.
- Particularly value/growth/micro cap. For more see My Investing Strategy. Looking to learn more about Private markets and VC.
- Just started learning Python and starting my CS degree soon. Late to the party but loving learning about all things tech so far.
- Basketball, F1, Golf. Anything really. I love the competitive aspects of it and the constant desire to improve and succeed.
- Self Improvement
- Mental Models. Cultivating habits. Productivity tips.
- The business behind them, current trends and the future of gaming.
- Health, nutrition and fitness
- Living longer and stronger. Pushing and testing my body.
- I’m straight poo at it, but I enjoy it now and again.
- New people. New cultures. Different food. Different scenery.
- Books & blogs.
- Podcasts & audiobooks. Interesting conversations. People’s life stories.
- New to my list of interests, but quickly growing in enjoyment.
LEARNING IN PUBLIC
This blog is my attempt to learn in public. It’s a place where I can experiment with my writing, highlight what I’m reading and summarize what I’m learning. It won’t be perfect. In fact it’ll be far from perfect. Whilst I’d love everything I put out to be of exceptional quality, it’s just not the aim. If I were 100% happy with what I posted, there would be barely any posts here! I’m hoping as I can look back here, I’ll be able to see my growth as not only a writer, but as a human too. Not just a collection of posts, but a steady stream of new and interesting thoughts.
WHAT’S WITH THE LOGO DUDE?
Found that little guy on Pixabay. Thought he looked smarter than my ugly mug at least. So here we are. I might update it someday. We’ll see.
HOW CAN I HELP / CONTACT?
Follow me on Twitter? Or just a message of encouragement is nice. If you need to tell me something. want to help or want to just chat, please see the Contact page! You’re message is greatly appreciated on this often lonely journey.